ABOUT THE PROJECT:
7DaysDancing is an exciting and unique 7 day, free experience which will take part over the course of 5 months. This 7-part series of crafted live art experiences will activate our community spaces in new, inventive, and inviting ways, with seven distinct events on the seven days of the week. These public events serve to engage audiences to see dance out of traditional theater spaces, connect live art to the artworks being exhibited, and feel more comfortable within spaces sometimes perceived as intimidating places belonging to others. We welcome people from all walks of life, from all over Dane County and beyond, to these free events to help break down these barriers.
- EVENT #1 SUNDAY DECEMBER 1, 2019 3:00PM | OPEN REHEARSAL "PROCESS EXPOSED", LATHROP HALL, STUDIO 349, MADISON, WI
- EVENT #2 TUESDAY DECEMBER 3, 2019 6:30PM | "ON DISPLAY/MADISON", MMoCA, MADISON, WI
- EVENT #3 MONDAY DECEMBER 16, 2019 2:45PM | COMPOSITION 255 EVENT, CHAZEN MUSEUM OF ART, MADISON, WI
- EVENT #4 FRIDAY JANUARY 31, 2020 TBA | "DANCING THE CHAZEN", W/SPECIAL GUEST SEAN CURRAN, EXCERPT EVENT, CHAZEN MUSEUM OF ART, MADISON, WI
- EVENT #5 SATURDAY FEBRUARY 1, 2020 TBA | "DANCING THE CHAZEN", W/SPECIAL GUEST SEAN CURRAN, CHAZEN MUSEUM OF ART, MADISON, WI
- EVENT #6 WEDNESDAY MARCH 11, 2020 2:00PM | COMPOSITION 455 EVENT, CHAZEN MUSEUM OF ART, MADISON, WI
- EVENT #7 THURSDAY APRIL 30, 2020 10:00AM | DANCE FOR YOUNG AUDIENCES EVENT, MADISON MASONIC CENTER, MADISON, WI
*All events are free and open to the public.